Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Picture is Worth a Thousand. . . Lies??

What is up with the title of this post?! I'll tell you what's up. . . the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" used to have a lot more meaning than it does today. Anymore you can't trust a picture. There are to many people out there who edit pictures to what they want to perceive rather than what the picture is actually capturing. Photo editing software has taken a toll on the integrity of a photograph. Now, Before you go and label me a hypocrite let me throw out a disclaimer. I will edit photos and I have edited photos. I am big into photo manipulation! But. . . I will ALWAYS disclose when a picture is edited. Far to often you see people posting pictures that are clearly Photoshopped or have had some kind of filter placed on them. These pictures are then followed by #nofilter or #noedit. I'm calling BS! To the untrained eye the picture looks holy crap amazing. But, to the seasoned professional it's a good laugh and on to the next one! A picture is worth a thousand lies. Yup. . . sounds about right!

No comments:

Post a Comment