Friday, February 5, 2016

The Critique

One of the most stressful times for a designer is the critique. The moment that you send the product to the client for review is a very satisfying yet stressful time. It it's a time where the designer gets into a mental battle with themselves thinking about the "what if's". For me this it's a time to air back and look at the design through a different say of eyes. I typically ask my wife to study the design and give me feedback. I use her because she doesn't hold anything back. She tells me how it is!! Now it's a waiting game. I've waited anywhere from 2 hours to 2 weeks for the client to respond with their critique. SWEATING BULLETS! 90% of the time there Will be changes. Don't take if personal. I used to take a clients critique to heart and get very upset that they didn't like my design. As I became more experienced I realized that it's not that they didn't like it. It's not what they had pictured in their head. Now it's a good time to use the suggestions from the second set of eyes. Moral of the story. . . use the critique as a building block, not a chopping block!

No comments:

Post a Comment